1. What is the approximate proportion of freshwater in the total water available on our planet ?
2. Which Ocean is the largest water body on planet Earth?
3. What is the meaning of EEZ?
Eastern Economic Zone
Estuarine Environment Zone
Exclusive Economic Zone
Essential Economic Zone
4. The lithosphere of the Earth is composed of..
Entire solid crust and most solid upper mantle
Lower part of the solid crust and solid upper and semisolid lower mantle
Lower part of the solid crust and most solid upper mantle
None of the above
5. The fundamental cause of origin of Himalayan Mountain Chain is ..
Intense volcanism aroound 40 million year ago
Head-on collision of India with Asia around 40 million years ago
Continentall scale earth quake around 40 million years ago
None of above
6. The world's largest deep-sea fan is
7. The sea level has increased by around 120 m since the last Ice Age around 18000 years ago. What you think the main cause of this rise in sea level?
Melting of polar ice-cap g of seafloor
Rising of seafloor
Expansion of water due to increased warming of climate
Non of above
8. What is the average density of seawater?
9. If you completely evaporate 10 kg (10000 grams) of average salinity seawater how many grams of salt you will get?
10. What is the average depth of oceans?
11. Between Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal, which is more saline?
Bay of Bengal
Both has same salinity
ESome tome of the year Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal
12. In which part of the oceans the high-density surface water sinks in to deep-ocean that subsequently forms the Global Ocean Conveyor Belt?
North Pacific Ocean
Central Indian Ocean
13. Circulations in the upper few hundred meters of the ocean are driven by..
Proximity of shaore to land
14. Monsoons are.
Seasonal surface ocean currents
15. Which part of the northern Indian Ocean receives highest rainfall during summer monsoons?
Bay of Bengal
Just north of Equator
16. Storms are named differently depending upon their place of origin. Find the correct match below:
Atlantic Storms ---- Cyclones
Northwest Pacific Storms --- Typhoons
Indian Ocean Storms ---- Hurricanes
None of the above is correct combination
17. The devastating Tsunami of 26 December 2004 was the cause of an mega earthquake. Where was its epicenter located?
Off Sumatra (Indonesia)
Off Chennai (India)
Off Colombo (Sri Lanka)
Off Andaman Island (India)
18. Between the head and the mouth of an Estuary what is the range of salinity?
19. Within the Earth's water cycle, which phase of the water constitutes the atmospheric portion of the water cycle?
None of the three
20. Correct pair of most abundant cation and anion present in the seawater is
Na and HCO3
Mg and Cl
K and So4
Na and Cl