- To undertake joint research programmes of mutual interest in the areas of Physical Oceanography, Marine Biology, Marine Biotechnology and Microbiology.
- To offer Ph.D programmes in the identified areas for students of both the parties.
- To facilitate the usage of library and laboratory facilities available in KUFOS and NIO-RCK.
Transfer of scientific and technical know-how for the extraction of non-cytotoxic melanin from sponge associated bacteria for biomedical applications. This tech-transfer also includes the know-how for a melanin producing bacteria, medium for the cultivation of bacteria and a knowhow for the extraction of melanin.
- Development of integrated modeling and monitoring systems for effective air pollution assessment and applied research on regional and national scales
- The air pollution measurement system will be fully sponsored, procured, installed and commissioned by IITM
- NIO will act as a collaborating institute to look after this project locally and one scientist from NIO will be the local coordinator for administrative as well as scientific work of this project.
- To undertake joint research projects, the results of which would be translated to industry
- Sensors for marine applications using Optics/Photonics.
- Marine instrumentation
- Publications and Patents
To promote collaborative research in the following areas: Ocean Engineering, Marine Science and Technology, Deep Sea Mining, Unconventional Energy and Hydrothermal Energy