Integrated Coastal Observation Network (ICON)
- IPR Status Patent / Copyright / Trademark Secured in India / Abroad IPR Details
- Patent not yet filed
- Application / Uses
Measurement and collection of sea level, sea-state and surface meteorological data for research and engineering applications. Ideal during natural disasters such as storm, storm-surge, and tsunamis.
- Salient Technical Features including Competing Features
Cellular based Internet-accessible near real-time reporting sea-level, sea-state, and surface meteorological stations at several locations on the Indian coasts & Islands
- Level/Scale of Development
- The ICON is fully developed and operational at select coastal and island locations of India Please visit http://inet.nio.org for near real-time display of data.
- Environmental Considerations
- Eco-friendly technology
- Status of Commercialization
- Exploring commercialization possibilities with the help of CSIR-Tech Pvt. Ltd.
- Major Raw Materials to be Utilized
- Needs sensors for sea-level and surface meteorological parameters
- Major Plant Equipment and Machinery Required
- Fabrication of PCB's (electronic data logger and other cards); mechanical housing and mounting accessories. Can be outsourced to nearby workshops.
- Economically feasible
- Technology Package
- Data logger and electronic cards
- Mechanical housings and mounting units
- Software for data acquisition and online near-real time display on internet.